Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes. Need I say more?!!
These bacon wrapped sweet potatoes were one of the first recipes I ever made when I first started out my Instagram a couple years ago and I have no idea why I have never put them on my blog! They are soooo good and soooo easy, and not to mention great at any time of the day! And guess what is around the corner……Thanksgiving!! This would, hands down, be the best recipe to bring to Thanksgiving.
I love using Wellshire dry rubbed peppered bacon, but you can use whatever bacon floats yo’ boat! If you happen to be on a Whole30 just make sure that the bacon is compliant!
Okay, enough with the jibber jabber, lets get to the recipe!
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 package of bacon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Fresh rosemary sprig
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take your bacon pieces and slice them in half. Set aside.
- Peel your sweet potatoes and slice them into wedges.
- Place on a baking sheet and lightly spray them with olive oil. (read tip in notes)
- Bake for 8 minutes then pull baking sheet out.
- Wrap the bacon around each potato wedge and place back on baking sheet with the ends of the bacon pieces face down on the baking sheet.
- Turn oven down to 375 and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until bacon is cooked.
- Place on plate and add your fresh rosemary and a sprinkle of salt
You want to lightly coat the potato wedges with oil because the grease from the bacon will also go all over them
What I really love about this glorious dish is that it is so good morning, noon, or night. Put an egg on it, have it next to a big ol’ salad, or even as a side with some chicken or fish! Hashtag YUM IN MY TUM. (I can’t believe I just said that).
A quick note: If you are bringing this deliciousness to a gathering of some sort, have the host turn on their broiler. When you get there, toss them in the oven for a hot minute until they are just warmed through and then serve! And when I say “hot minute” I literally mean HOT MINUTE!!
If you make this recipe sound off in the comments and let me know what you think! Or tell me where’d you bring these bacon wrapped sweet potatoes. Would you even share?