Holla if you love onion rings!! I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who doesn’t. Greasy and deep-fried, that shiz is so good, but my stomach always hates me after.
I was determined to make something that was not so greasified, that my kids loved, and that didn’t result with us ending in a fetal position crying because we think our stomachs may explode!
These baked rings rocked our world. It wasn’t too crazy spicy, so my kids could enjoy them, and of course not greasy or deep fried. #winning.
These are whole30 compliant. Just please make sure you eat them as a “side” with your protein and veggies. Don’t scarf 100 of them down while sitting on the couch!!
- -1 yellow onion, sliced into rings
- -2 eggs
- -4 tsp paprika
- -2 tsp garlic powder
- -1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- -1/2 tsp salt
- -1 1/2 c almond flour (can use reg flour if not paleo or whole30)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- While waiting, slice onions into rings. Set aside.
- In 1 bowl whisk 2 eggs.
- In another bowl mix all spices and flour together.
- Dredge onion 1st in egg, coating well, then into the bowl o' spices.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 min, flipping once, until golden brown.