I’ve been trying to think of different things to stuff into cabbage that’s a little different than the usual. You’ve seen my pulled pork cabbage rolls
here and they are delish.
This time I had my heart set on a breakfast cabbage roll. Yah, I know!!
This is almost better than the pulled pork ones….this gives the impression of an old fashioned tortilla wrapped breakfast burrito. Nom Nom.
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (we get ours from the meat counter at Whole Foods)
- 6 eggs
- head of cabbage, leaves removed
- OPTIONAL: salsa and spinach
- Take your sausage and start cooking it in a large pan.
- While the sausage is cooking, remove leaves from cabbage and stick them in a steamer.
- Steam cabbage for about 5 min then immediately stick into an ice bath (you are blanching the suckers). Set aside.
- Once sausage is cooked up, add whisked eggs to pan and mix until cooked.
- Lay cabbage leaves out and put egg and sausage mixture inside. Roll up and top with salsa.
- OPTIONAL: if you use spinach too, mix in with your eggs. My kids also enjoy a little cheese mixed into it.