I’ve been wanting to make some tasty chicken wings for awhile now, but never got around to it because it seems like everyone and their mom has a chicken wing recipe. So I got to thinking; what could I do to change it up a bit, but still keep it “classic” and then BOOM it hit me. Flip the whole scenario around. Usually chicken wings are slathered in a buffalo sauce/hot sauce and then dipped in ranch, but if I did it the other way around that would be WAY better. Less mess and you can control the heat. Enter Ranch Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce. Winner Winner, chicken wing dinner. (Wait, what?!!)
Remember how I always tell you guys to marinate your meat. It’s cause its muy importante!! And I’m gonna tell you almost every single time because I want you to be sent to flavortown!! So, the longer the better. I like to do it overnight, but at least 3 hours is totally fine too.
Now lets go more in depth as to why these are probably the most delicious of delicious chicken wings! Like I mentioned earlier I flipped everything around for you, which automatically makes it 1 billion times cleaner, haha. Plus YOU get to control the heat by dipping them in the buffalo sauce instead of dipping already drenched buffalo sauced chicken wings into ranch dressing. With my version, napkins are optional!!
- 2-3 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 tbl onion powder
- 1 tbl garlic powder
- 2 tbl dried parsley
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbl avocado oil (olive oil is fine too)
- 1 tbl red wine vinegar
- Place chicken wings into a large ziplock bag and add in the marinade ingredients. Mix well. Let marinate 3 hours or overnight.
- Turn oven to broil.
- While oven is heating up take parchment paper onto a baking sheet. Place a wire rack on top of the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the wings onto the wire rack. Make sure they are not touching.
- Put under broiler for 8 minutes.
- Flip and let broil for another 6 minutes. Then flip one more time and cook for 3 minutes, just to get the skin nice and crispy.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley and the dip into your favorite buffalo sauce
Use whatever buffalo sauce YOU like. I like Franks Red Hot and Tessemaes. You can also make your own pretty easily. Something else to note….I put that it is enough wings for 6-8 people. That’s 6-8 people who eat about 4 each….lets be real though, they are chicken wings and you will probably want to eat more than 4 itty bitty chicken wings. If that sounds like you and your friends just double the recipe!!