Have you guys hopped on the Instant Pot train yet? It took me a good couple of years to FINALLY give in and get one, and other than having absolutely no room in my tiny kitchen to store it, it is a great “appliance” to have. For the last few months over on my Instagram stories, I’ve documented my Instant Pot adventures. What has worked, what hasn’t (honest bomb….I still am working on perfecting veggies in there), correct timing; there really is a bit of a learning curve to it, but once you get the idea of it, it’s pretty easy!
One of the foods I had been dyyyyiiinnnggg to try was the Spaghetti Squash. Rumor around the web was that you could cook it in 1/2 the time in the pressure cooker. Hashtag say what!! Before I rarely bought spaghetti squash because 45 min in the oven, yah that’s no bueno, especially for a mom of 5 kids who get ravenous if they don’t eat by a certain time!!
Now I can cook up a spaghetti squash in 15 min! 15 MINUTES!!! That is just mind blowing to me.
Before we get to the how-to cook this in your Instant Pot, let talk about how to cut it without losing a limb!
- Grab your cutting board, a sharp knife, and your squash.
- Place it on the ground. Yes the ground!
- Score your spaghetti squash.
- Take your knife and stick it where you have scored, then push down!
The reason why I do this method EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. is because you can put all your body weight onto the knife and it makes it soooo easy to cut it. Scoring it also is key!
Okay, now the moment you have been waiting for…..how to cook a Spaghetti Squash in your pressure cooker
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 cup water
- wire rack
- Take your spaghetti squash and cut it in half width wise
- Clean out the insides, then place the squash on the wire rack.
- Pour in your water then close the lid of your pressure cooker and make sure the vent is sealed.
- Manually cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once 15 minutes is done, manually release the pressure by moving the valve to vent.
- Remove spaghetti squash with tongs and enjoy in your favorite dish.
There are a couple things I’ve noted when cooking spaghetti squash. First, place squash on its side or open side facing up. It’s not necessary, but I get a little nervous that it’s going to get soggy having it facing down while the water is blasting it under pressure. Another thing to note, is that if you get too large of a squash you will have to do it in 2 batches because it won’t fit.
And there you have it!! The super easy, mind blowing way to cook your spaghetti squash in your instant pot!!!