Is it me….or is summer still hanging on STRONG right now?!! Despite the rando thunderstorm we had the other day, it has still been so hot in California, which means I don’t want to cook up anything. I’ve been craving crisp, easy, fresh salads and this Cucumber Prosciutto and Apple Salad does not disappoint!
This is a great salad to make ahead of time for you to have for lunches during the week. And it takes like .0002 seconds to make. Okay, okay, maybe like 5 minutes. It really depends on whether or not you are a spiralizing ninja or not!!
Lets get to the recipe!!
- 2 cucumbers, spiralized
- 1/2 apple, matchsticked
- 3 pieces of prosciutto, torn
- squeeze of 1/2 lemon
- Spiralize your cucumber and place on a paper towel. Put another paper towel on top to soak up all the water from the cucumbers.
- Matchstick your apple. To matchstick, slice apple in half, then slice that half in thirds. Place down and slice into pieces that look like little matchsticks.
- Take your cucumber and place in a large bowl. Add your apple sticks and then tear your prosciutto and place into bowl of spiralized cucumber.
- Mix well then squeeze lemon all over the top of the salad
Just a few notes:
- Make sure you pat the spiralized cucumber with a paper towel otherwise you will have a bowl full of water.
- You can make ahead of time and then place in an air tight container. I like to put a paper towel over the top before I close the lid and then I squeeze a little more lemon over the top to freshen it back up right before I eat it.
- Don’t have a spiralizer?! You can cut the cucumber and apple into rounds, and stack it….cucumber, prosciutto, apple.