Raise your hand if you are a fan of pickled jalapenos! If you could see me right now I’m raising both of my hands because I love anything pickled, especially jalapenos. However, this used to not be the case….I couldn’t even fathom the thought of a pickled jalapeno anywhere near my mouth. But then one Christmas (maybe 6 years ago or so) I received some pickled jalapenos as a gift! Something about a homemade gift made me want to try them out again and guess what; I LOVED THEM!
I’m sure you already know, but the jarred jalapenos you buy in the store have ingredients in them that are SO not necessary! It is super easy just to make them at home and bonus, you know EXACTLY what goes into them! Some of you may be like Jenn, I want to pickle jalapenos, but what the heck do I put them on??!!! Guys, you can put them on anything really. Here are a few things I’m loving them on lately…..
- hot dogs
- taco salad
- my chorizo poutine from my new ebook (CLICK HERE for the book)
Okay, now that you know what I like them on, here’s the easy peasy recipe for you!
- 3-6 jalapenos, sliced
- 2 cloved garlic, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- OPTIONAL: 1 tsp sea salt
- Slice jalapenos and garlic and set aside
- In a saucepan, bring vinegar and water to a boil.
- Once boiling add in your jalapenos and garlic. Let boil for 2 minutes then remove from heat
- Let cool and then pour into a mason jar
- Seal it up and place in your fridge
These will keep in the fridge for a couple of months. I suggest putting them in a glass jar when storing them!
So tell me, what do you like pickled jalapenos on?