I’ve been pretty excited about this recipe for a couple weeks now. It’s simple, delicious, and a great way to get your kids, your husband, your wife, grandparent, whoever really, to eat their veggies. #hurrah
I chopped up some things here, mixed some things there and wala! Broccoli Tots, or “broc tots” as my kids like to say!!
If you aren’t feeling up for making them into tots, then make them into fritters and pan fry them!
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium size white sweet potato, shredded
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- GREEN SAUCE
- 1 bundle of fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Tessemaes Cracked Pepper dressing
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Steam broccoli for 10 min or until fork tender, then once cooled, chop until you have small diced pieces. Place into a bowl.
- Take your sweet potato and shred it, as if you were making a hash. Put in bowl with the broccoli.
- Dice up onion and add it in the bowl along with the spices.
- Crack 2 eggs into all the ingredients and mix well.
- Mold into tater tots, about an inch long, and place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 min or until golden brown.
- FOR SAUCE
- Chop bottom ends of parsley and add it into a blender or food processor.
- Add 2 minced garlic cloves and Tessemae's cracked pepper dressing.
- Mix until creamy.
- Dip your tots into green sauce and enjoy!
If you do not want to mold into tater tots, simple heat a pan up with some oil and scoop some broccoli mixture into pan. Flatten out (like a pancake) and let cook 3 min, then flip and let cook another 3. Serve with the sauce.
I should probably let you know that they are delicious in the morning with an egg. Also with a bunch of salsa on top of it, like Casa Sanchez or even topped with a buttload of Primal Palate’s barbeque rub!