It just got loco in my kitchen!! Barefoot Provisions just got some pork rinds in their store and to say I went “hog wild” is an understatement! My kids love them on their own, as do I, but there is really something special about adding the crunchy little clouds of goodness to a dish. They are a great replacement to bread crumbs, crunch them up and add them to meatballs, top a salad with them, or do what I did and add them to your roasted cabbage!
These cabbage steaks are great as a side for dinner, or make them for breakfast and top with a poached egg!
- 1 bag of pork rinds
- 1 head of cabbage, sliced thick
- drizzle of oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While waiting for oven, take your pork rinds and crunch them up until they are almost powder form. You could also use a magic bullet, or food processor to grind it up
- Take your cabbage and slice it up, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place cabbage on a baking sheet and drizzle oil over top. Dash with salt and pepper.
- Put cabbage in oven and cook for about 8 min.
- Flip cabbage, then sprinkle your pork rind "powder" over the top. Put back in oven and cook another 8-10 min or until edges of cabbage are golden brown.
Hop over to Barefoot Provisions and buying a few of their pork rinds to put in all. the. food. You won’t be disappointed. I promise. I’ll be making these alongside my corned beef in a couple weeks for St. Patricks Day!
Whole30: yes (check ingredients on different flavors)