If you love chicken, lemon, and capers THIS recipe is for you. It’s easy, absolutely delicious, and it has a “fancy” name so you totally will seem like the sh*t in the kitchen when you whip this up for your family and friends.
You want to know the best part of this dish…..the sauce. Seriously, I would lap it up if I could. But since I’m civilized I opted to pour it over a bunch of roasted cauliflower. Do with it what you will, I won’t judge. #judgymcjudgerson
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tbl ghee (or butter), divided
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juiced + 1 tbl zest
- 3 tbs capers
- handful of parsley
- 1 cup almond flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Heat up 2 tbl of ghee into a large skillet.
- In a small bowl, add flour, dried parsley, 1 tbs lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Take your chicken and lightly cover with flour mixture. Add chicken to your hot skillet.
- Let cook for about 5 min, then flip and cook another 5 min or until done. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, reduce to medium and put in the remaining 2 tbl of ghee. Once melted stir around and get all the delicious pieces that were left from the chicken off the pan. Add the chicken stock and stir.
- Add in the juice of 1 lemon, capers and minced garlic. Stir again and let reduce until desired consistency.
- Place chicken back into pan and spoon sauce over the top. Add fresh parsley at the end!
I forgot the fresh parsley for the pictures. Don’t be like me. If you really wanted to take it to the next level, stick the pan into the oven (under broil) with lemon slices over the top and let it get nice and toasty!