I need to come clean about something….I don’t like green beans. Never have. However, after making this for whole30 instagram I have changed my mind. Probably cause there is bacon in it. You know what else is great about this….its so damn delicious, if you made this for your family come Thanksgiving or Christmas, they would never know that it’s whole30 approved!
If you want to take it up a notch or two, I highly suggest crumbling pork skin (yah thats right, these bad boys are pure clouds of heaven) over the top. It will take the place of bread crumbs forever and ever. Amen!
- •2 lbs green beans, cut
- •3 slices bacon, chopped
- •1 shallot, diced
- •1 small jar of pimentos, drained
- •1 1/2 tbl ghee
- •1 (5.46 oz) can coconut milk
- •2 tbl almond flour or 1 tbl arrowroot powder
- •1/8 tsp cayenne pepper and salt
- •OPTIONAL: sautéed mushrooms, crispy onions (for top)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut green beans in half and blanch.
- In a small pot, heat up ghee. Once melted stir in your coconut milk. Add pimentos and cayenne pepper. Stir and let simmer.
- Chop bacon up and place into hot skillet. Cook for a few minutes then add shallot.
- Once bacon is fully cooked, add to the sauce. Mix to combine.
- Take off of heat and slowly start whisking in your almond flour until you get the desired consistency.
- Take a baking dish and put green beans into it. Add half the sauce and stir into beans.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over top and stick in the oven uncovered for 25 min or until sauce is nice and bubbly.