We have been super into brussel sprouts this year and my go to brussel sprout recipes usually have bacon in it, because, BACON!! I wanted to do something a little different this time, especially for people who are looking for a meatless dish and this mixture just kind of landed in my lap. I had a bunch of fuyu persimmons from a friend and I really wanted to use them in a dish.
You seriously will want to face plant into these brussel sprouts. It’s that good. Remember to get fuyu persimmons. The pointed bottom persimmons will taste like caca in this dish. #nolie
- •2 lbs brussel sprouts, halved
- •2 persimmons, cubed
- •2 cups balsamic vinegar, reduced
- •Salt and pepper to taste
- •1-2 tbl ghee, oil, or butter
- In a small sauce pan, reduce your balsamic vinegar. Bring it to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Let lightly boil for about 10 min or until it is reduced by 1/2.
- While balsamic is reducing, heat up some oil or ghee (or butter) in a skillet.
- Once hot, take your brussel sprout halves and let sauté for 3-5 min, stir around and let cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Take your cubed persimmon and add it to the brussel sprouts. Cook up another couple of minutes or until persimmons get a little soft.
- Pour the balsamic reduction over top and mix well. Sprinkle with a little salt.