Avocado made into pudding…. I’ve seen it around before, but it just seemed too “weird,” that is until the other day.
I had used 1/2 an avocado for my lunch and had the other half that wasn’t being used, so I thought to myself, “I should totes make some pudding” And so I did. The end.
Just kidding. It’s not the end. I was so surprised at how delicious this was. Even my stud of a husband liked it. And he usually says no, no, no to that kind of stuff.
So lets make some avocado pudding…..
- 1/2 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup coconut almond milk (I like califa farms) + another 1/2 cup for later.
- 1/2 bag of your favorite chocolate chips.
- OPTIONAL: a spoonful of nut butter
- Melt chocolate in a small saucepan on med-low heat. Add 1/2 cup coconut almond milk to pan. Stir until melted.
- In a magic bullet (blender, ninja, whatever you have works too) take diced avocado and put into cup. Add melted chocolate and another 1/2 cup coconut milk.
- Blend until smooth. It will be mousse like.
- Stick in fridge to cool down and top with strawberries or raspberries.
(If using nut butter put it in with melted chocolate)
Also note that if you use 100% cacao it will be very bitter. You will need to add a bit of coconut sugar to it. Maybe even a little vanilla extract.