My kids have been begging me to make homemade granola bars for awhile now, and I finally gave in. I don’t know why it took me so long, because they are so dang easy
I opted to make them into balls instead of bars because the kids really wanted to help, and having them roll into balls seemed easier to me. Feel free to flatten them out into bars though. (I’ll tell ya how to do that at the end of the recipe)
- 1/2 C nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 1/3 C honey
- 1 C rolled oats
- 2/3 cup dried fruit (we use "Made in Natures" super berry fusion)
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge for an hour.
- Once and hour or so is up, remove from fridge and roll into balls.
- Place in an air tight container in the fridge for a week, or in the freezer it lasts a few months.
(If you want to make them into bars, once mixture is chilled, take a cookie sheet and spread it out evenly. Cut into bars and stick in the freezer to harden. Once hard, remove and finish cutting through. Place in air tight container.)