This summer recipe is gonna knock your socks off. It’s simple, delicious, and the shrimp can easily be substituted for chicken if shrimp is just not your thang.
And let’s all give a round of applause for the homemade pesto that’s all up in this dish!
-handful of basil (a big handful)
-2 tbl pine nuts (pistachios work well too)
-1/4 c oil
-3 cloves garlic
-OPTIONAL: parmesan cheese
–Take all the ingredients and blend them up. Stick in fridge until you are ready to use.
……and now for the rest of the recipe…..
- 1 lb shrimp
- 7 zucchini, capitalized
- pesto sauce (see above)
- small tomatoes, sautéed
- oil or ghee, for shrimp
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: artichoke hearts and black olives
- Spiralize your zucchini and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil or ghee and place shrimp in. Cook shrimp approx 2 min each side or until a nice pink color. Shrimp cook really fast, so watch them.
- Once shrimp are done, remove and set aside.
- Heat a bit more oil up and place "zoodles" in the pan. Toss around until al dente. Place in a bowl.
- Lastly, take you tomatoes and sauté them up real fast.
- Take all your ingredients and mix it all together. Consume!!