For your slurping pleasure, I introduce to you, Carne Asada Soup.
Simple, delicious, and husband (and kid) approved. Can I get a high five?
Also, there is a lot of slicing and dicing in this recipe. It doesn’t take long even though the ingredients look long.
- - flank steak (marinade will be below)
- - 8 cups beef broth
- - 2 carrots, sliced
- - 2 cups packed spinach
- - 1 green bell pepper, diced
- - 1/2 red onion, diced
- - 2 avocados, diced
- - 1 tomato, diced
- - salt and pepper to taste
- -OPTIONAL : jalapeño and cilantro
- CARNE ASADA MARINADE
- - 1/4 c juice of a lime
- - 1/2 c juice of an orange
- - 3 tbl apple cider vinegar
- - 1/4 c red onion, diced
- - 1 tsp of the following: paprika, garlic powder, oregano
- - 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- -1/2 c oil (I use avocado, any kind works)
- Take a little oil and heat it up in a large pot.
- While that's heating, take another pan (or grill) and cook steak until almost done. Chop it up turning it into "carne asada" set aside and keep the drippings to pour into your soup.
- Add in onion into large pot and sauté for a few min. Add in bell pepper and carrots. Cook up.
- Add broth, water, tomatoes, and steak and let cook for about 10 min or so on med-low.
- At the end add in your spinach and avocado.
- Top with cilantro
Back to the soup!