Did you guys know that jerky is one of the easiest things to make at home?! Seriously guys, I’m not “jerkin'” around (harharhar)….it is SO easy.
My grandma used to make it and so did my mom, so I figured I should jump on the family bandwagon and make some too. I have a dehydrator, but decided to make it in the oven because I know not everyone has a dehydrator.
So let’s get to the easiest piesiest recipe ever.
- - skirt steak (also known as flank steak)
- -marinade/dry rub/herbs of choice. My grandma used to do soy sauce and lemon pepper.
- Marinate steak overnight. If using a dry rub at least for a few hours.
- Turn oven to lowest setting. Mine is 175°.
- Slice steak thinly and place on wire rack.
- Put in oven and let cook for 8-10 hours. Do not open oven to "check up on it" until at least hour 8. Let it do its thing.
- Once done, place in air tight container for about a week or so.
I’m curious…..what kind of rub/ marinade would you use on your jerky??