Has anyone ever hasslebacked a potato? I’ve seen it all around the internet and it looked way easy, so I took a stab at it for lunch today and now I wanna hassleback all. the. things.
I used a “Hannah” sweet potato, but feel free to use any kind of tater you want.
I kept this simple and savory. I’m not a huge fan of sweet, sweet potatoes.
- HASSLEBACK POTATO
- -1 potato of choice.
- -2 tbl ghee or butter
- -1 tsp lime salt (sea salt with lime zest)
- - drizzle of oil
- -2 tsp dried Mexican oregano (or reg)
- -1 clove garlic, smashed
- -squeeze of lime
- -bit of pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.°
- While waiting, clean potato and dry it off. Slice a thin piece off the bottom to prevent from rolling.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice about 3/4 of the way down.
- Drizzle oil and rub it in. Top with salt and stick in the oven for 20 min.
- In the meantime, take a small pot and add in ghee (or butter), oregano, and a smashed piece of garlic. Place stove on low and let it cook.
- After 20 min, take out and brush ghee over top. Put back in oven for another 10 min. Repeat 1 more time (for a total cooking time of about 40 min)
- Remove and top with lime juice, lime salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
Nom in my mouth.