Holy schmoly. I found what I will forever and ever do with my shredded chicken from now until eternity.
Basically, I did what I like to call a “fridge dump.” And gosh darn…..its the most spectacular fridge dump evaaaaa.
If you are doing whole30 or paleo or just not eating dairy, omit the cheese. I topped my kids and husbands with cheese. Mine was sans cheese (waaaaaaaa <——- the sound of me crying like a baby)
- -shredded chicken (you could use chicken breasts or thighs too for this)
- -1 can diced tomatoes
- -1 can diced green chilis
- -1/2 c BBQ sauce (I make my own, but Stubb's makes great BBQ sauce. Or Tessemaes is great too)
- -3 slices bacon, chopped
- -OPTIONAL: shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Take a baking dish and lay shredded chicken down.
- Pour BBQ sauce over chicken.
- In a bowl, pour (drained) diced tomatoes and chili's in. Stir around.
- Spread tomatoes and chili's over chicken.
- Top with uncooked bacon pieces. I cut mine with kitchen scissors.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 min. Remove and place cheese on top if using. Place back in oven until cheese melts.
Put it over spinach like me. Noms all up in my mouth