It’s been decided. Soup is my jam. “I just can’t get enough. I just can’t get enough” (name that song).
In keeping with the Instagram theme this week I made an artichoke soup. It’s incredibly simple to make. And delicious. I’m telling you guys, you’ll definitely want to lick the soup pot. But please, just do it after it cools!
What I love about a soup like this is that it is pretty versatile! You can add in sausage, or chicken, or even shrimp and it will bring the soup to a whole new level. Actually, I’m pretty certain it will bring you up to level awesome! The artichokes, which are full of all sorts of vitamins that your body is probably craving, give this soup a little tang, a good tang. A tang that will leave you wanting more! I could literally eat it for a month and still be in love!
- 1 large leek, white part sliced
- 3 yellow potatoes, diced
- 2 cans quartered artichokes, drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbl dried parsley
- handful of fresh spinach
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- lemon slice
- 2 tbl oil or ghee
- **optional: sausage or shrimp
- Heat up oil or ghee in a soup pot.
- Slice up leek and onion and add it.to the pot. Cook for a few min until just starting to get soft.
- Add in diced potato and minced garlic. Cook for another few min.
- Add in broth, water, lemon slice and artichokes.
- (Note: you could do 4 cups broth, but I had run out, so I subbed with water)
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to med-low, cover and cook for about 20 min.
- Once potato is soft, turn heat on low, take out lemon slice. Take your immersion blender and blend away. You can make it as creamy as you want it.
- Add in your spices and the spinach and stir around. The spinach will wilt in the soup.
- **If you are adding in sausage or shrimp, cook that separately, then add at the end with the spinach.
I’m telling you right now, this is a soup you are going to want to make every week during the fall and winter months. It’s nourishing, and comforting, and everything you have ever wanted. EVER!