It’s been decided. Soup is my jam. I can’t get enough.
In keeping with the Instagram theme this week I made an artichoke soup. And its so simple to make. And delicious. And you’ll want to lick the soup pot.
What I love about a soup like this is that it is pretty versatile! You can add in sausage, or chicken, or even shrimp and it will bring the soup to a whole new level. Level awesome is what it will bring you to! This is a soup that I will never get tired of. I could literally eat it for a month and still be in love!
- 1 large leek, white part sliced
- 3 yellow potatoes, diced
- 2 cans quartered artichokes, drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbl dried parsley
- handful of fresh spinach
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- lemon slice
- 2 tbl oil or ghee
- **optional: sausage or shrimp
- Heat up oil or ghee in a soup pot.
- Slice up leek and onion and add it.to the pot. Cook for a few min until just starting to get soft.
- Add in diced potato and minced garlic. Cook for another few min.
- Add in broth, water, lemon slice and artichokes.
- (Note: you could do 4 cups broth, but I had run out, so I subbed with water)
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to med-low, cover and cook for about 20 min.
- Once potato is soft, turn heat on low, take out lemon slice. Take your immersion blender and blend away. You can make it as creamy as you want it.
- Add in your spices and the spinach and stir around. The spinach will wilt in the soup.
- **If you are adding in sausage or shrimp, cook that separately, then add at the end with the spinach.