You guys, this is THE BEST dip I have ever made. Paleo and Whole30 friendly, you seriously wouldn’t even know there wasn’t gooey cheese slopped over the top. (Well maybe you would, but you won’t be disappointed that its not in there). This creamy artichoke and kale dip will be all the rage at any event that you bring it to!
You know what else is great about this artichoke and kale dip?! It’s bomb slathered on chicken, fish, or steak. YURM! I always try to make small dishes like this pretty versatile so that if you happen to have extra you can do something other than eat it with veggies or bread! (Always looking out for you guys)
Enough blabbering Jenn, let’s get to the recipe!
- 3 pieces of kale, stems removed and leaves broken into pieces.small pieces.
- 1/2 (14 oz) can artichoke quarters packed in water, drained
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbl avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbl mayonnaise
- 1 tbl nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add kale and half the can of artichoke hearts into the pan. Stir for a couple minutes, then add your minced garlic. Saute until very fragrant and kale has wilted.
- Remove from heat and place into a blender.
- Add the avocado, garlic powder, lemon juice, mayo, and nutritional yeast to blender and blend until desired consistency. (you may need to add a little water if its too thick. Add 1 tbl at a time)
- Place into a bowl, add your sea salt and stir to combine.
- Serve warm with veggies or bread
This artichoke and kale dip will last about 4-5 days in an air tight container in the fridge. It is also is able to freeze and will keep in the freezer for 3-6 months. To defrost, simply put it in the fridge until ready to eat.