Let’s raise the roof for this Beef Stew with Cauliflower Mash, especially now that it’s starting to get cold! In fact, we’ve been sick with a very lame (probably the lamest) head cold and all I’ve wanted is soup. Soup for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However the rest of my family completely disagrees!
“Soup for breakfast mama, you are so weird.”
“Please mama, NOOOO more soup, we don’t care how sick we are!”
Okay, okay, I get it guys. So instead I decided to make beef stew (which in my mind is definitely still soup-ish) and everyone in the house was clapping because we weren’t having soup!
Lets get to to this delicious, comforting beef stew recipe!
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 tbl oil or ghee
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tbl tomato paste
- 1 tbl coconut aminos
- 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 head of cauliflower, florets removed
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of ghee
- pinch of salt
- In a dutch oven heat oil or ghee.
- Add meat and cook until sides are brown. Remove from heat.
- Add in onion, and garlic and cook for a couple min, then throw meat back into pot.
- Pour in beef broth, balsamic, coconut aminos, tomato paste, and seasonings.
- Stir and set heat to low for 1 hr covered.
- After an hour add in your carrots and cover back up. Cook another 10-20 min or until carrots are soft and tender
- Ladle over cauliflower mash and garnish with fresh parsley
To make cauliflower mash, steam cauliflower until soft. Place in a large bowl and add your ghee and salt. Mash until creamy
You are going to want to nosh so hard on this beef stew after a few days. All the flavors soak into each other and just make it absolutely mouth watering delicious!
How do you like beef stew? Over cauliflower mash? Over mash potatoes? All by itself? Let me know in the comments!