I love soup. Like the “I could eat it everyday for the rest of my life and be completely satisfied” kind of love. The rest of my family are the exact opposite. They like soup, but there are plenty more things out there that they would choose first. This soup though is an exception. They can’t get enough of it!!
This soup is extremely easy to make. If you are vegetarian omit the bacon (duh)
ROASTED ASPARAGUS AND BACON SOUP
– 3lbs asparagus
– 4 cups water
– small package of bacon (if doing whole30 make sure it’s compliant)
– 1/2 red onion, diced
– 1 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
– 1 tbs garlic powder
– Preheat oven to 400°. Place asparagus on cookie sheet and drizzle with avocado oil and a little salt. Cook 10 min then stir and cook another 5-7 min.
– While asparagus is roasting slice up bacon and place in a pot. Cook until desired crispiness and remove from pot.
– Throw in diced red onion and cook in the bacon fat.
– Once asparagus is done roasting place in pot and pour in 4 cups water.
– Bring to a boil (a very slow one), reduce heat to low and take your immersion blender and blend, blend, blend.
– Add some bacon pieces and blend that in as well. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir.
– Pour into a bowl and garnish with bacon pieces.