I had a bit of a craving the other day for potato skins. You know, the oooey, gooey, cheesy kind that you usually eat way too many of. Yah I wanted that in my mouth. But, we’ve been doing really great lately with eating clean, so I nixed the butter and cheese and opted for a much healthier and still very scrumptious cleaner version.
The super secret trick (not really) is letting the bacon cook on top of the chips while in the oven. The potatoes get that lovely bacon flavor and the bacon sticks better on top of the chip. No one likes runaway bacon pieces!
- 1 large sweet potato, madolined
- avocado oil
- bacon, cut into pieces
- guacamole (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice potato into thin slices and put in a bag. Drizzle oil and sprinkle salt in. Toss and lay on a baking sheet
- Bake for 8 min on one side.
- While baking, cut up bacon into little pieces. (raw)
- Pull chips out, flip, and add bacon pieces to top.
- Put back in oven and cook another 10 min or so until chips are crispy and bacon is cooked
You need to watch the chips because they will burn if in too long. Your times may vary. Play around with it!! 🙂
Eat with guacamole making it super scrumptious!