Holla if you are a chili lover! We love it in our house and its really great any time of the year, but I really like it when its cold outside! This chili is bean free and oh. so. scrumptious!! You won’t even miss the beans. At all.
If pumpkin is not a easily available you can use butternut squash (fresh or frozen) or sweet potatoes. We love to top it with sliced avocado.
Let’s get down to business!
- -1 large pumpkin, sliced and roasted (butternut squash or pumpkin in a can works too)
- -2.5 lbs ground beef
- -1 yellow onion, diced
- -2 cans fire roasted tomatoes
- -1 green chili, diced (or 2 cans diced green chili)
- -chicken broth (enough to cover. You don't want it soupy though)
- -2 tbl garlic powder
- -2 tbl cumin
- -1 1/2 tbl cinammon
- -2 tbl avocado oil
- -red pepper flakes (add however much you want of this)
- -handful of spinach
- Slice pumpkin in half and roast for 40 min at 350°.
- While roasting, in a deep pot heat up some avocado oil and cook up diced onion. Add ground beef and cook it up.
- Once pumpkin is done, let cool until you are able to scoop pumpkin out. Put pieces of pumpkin into the pot.
- Throw in fire roasted tomatoes, green chilies, and all seasonings. Mix well.
- Add chicken broth until it covers the chili. Lower heat to simmer and let cook for about 45 min, stirring every once in awhile. You may need to add more broth depending on what your consistency looks like.
- Serve in a big bowl with avocado!
My kids absolutely love when I make this. It freezes well and if you have enough leftovers we like to stuff it into bell peppers!